cipol3 commented on a Build, APM 2.6 F450 Quadcopter   Aug 16, 2016  

Hi, i'm quite new to this hobby and i have almost the same setup as yours.
I have some questions.
1) There are only 5 points on that frame PDB, 4 for esc and 1 for the battery. How do you connect the power source for your telemetry module and gimbal?
2) How can you mount the APM on that spot in the picture and have a stable flight? How did you dampen the vibration to the APM?
3) What is your flight time with that 3S 5200mAh?

Show 2 more comments
Whiffles   Oct 03, 2016 

That's really the challenge in designing your own gimbal'd rig. I never could completely eliminate vibrations or wiggles from the video. I think the key is to use a good gimbal like the Tiny2. I never graduated from budget gimbals, so I can't say this from experience. What gimbal are you using? It might be a good idea to post your rig.

cipol3   Oct 05, 2016 

I use HAKRC storm32 gimbal bought from gearbest. Just found out that 2nd imu on the storm32 is not enabled by default. I enable it and i can now have the gimbal rotate to extreme angle. but still the vibration still exist. I really need to focus on eliminating vibration more!

and oh, i see that in the picture, you camera is balanced on the gimbal, mind sharing how you do it?

Yeah, i will post my rig here. I'll do it once i have the free time this week!

Whiffles   Oct 05, 2016 

The best way to balance is to position the camera so it stays level with the power off.