Joshearl commented on a Build, Chameleon Build   Apr 04, 2017  

How did you accomplish having both current sensing and OSD along with the rubber connector saver?

Show 2 more comments
ShutterPriority   Apr 09, 2017 

I've gone back and forth on the wire gauge.... I'm bursting to 75Amps total draw when I run Racekraft 5051's so I'm not sure I'd want to go much smaller in terms of wire.

I did have the 14AWG ground wire pull out (break, due to use) the other day, so I replaced it with a 12AWG down to the PDB to hold it in better, and tried to keep my tinning to just the very tip.

No, the positive feeds need to be separated, they can't both run through the PDB hole, one needs to feed the shunt resistor, the other is the return that goes to the PDB, and those do need to be adequately beefy to pass the current.

Birchyman   May 28, 2017 

I am planning on having hte XT60 hard mounted into the PDB, adn running 14awg wire from the bottom of the pdb (where hte pos and neg of hte XT60 go into the holes) to power my FC - will this work? Your last statement above seems to suggest it wont.. but want to confirm.

ShutterPriority   Jun 01, 2017 

Not if you want current sensing from the FC as well. You won't get the current draw from the PDB (and ESCs attached) if you just pass those through direct to the FC