repentsinner commented on a Build, donkywhoop   Apr 07, 2017  

@rotorbuildadmins: why the heck can't we add photos to a thread reply??

Anyway, @tembax see the attached notes where I think you might start looking for the RX signal to the flight controller.

tembax   Apr 07, 2017 

Hi again, excellent with your insight!

Dammit! I forgot my FC at home as I had planned on taking better pics in natural light. Anyway, found these 2 pics on the net, can they help you? Added them to my original response thread...yeah, odd we can't add pics to each reply..?!

When you write: start looking for the RX signal - what exactly do you mean?

I'll try tonight by connecting a pre-bound satellite to the various points.

repentsinner   Apr 07, 2017 

Err, I mean that the points indicated with the arrows would be my best guess as to where you'll be able to patch your RX in.

With the better picture you posted my guess is that the output from the RX chip goes through that one SMT component and through to the FC.

You'll have to remove the component to interrupt whatever signal might be generated from the onboard RX before connecting the pre-bound satellite to the trace leading to the FC.

Also you might want to confirm that the satellite will run off 3.7VDC (1S) or less, and isn't expecting to convert 4VDC+ via its own LDO - if that's the case (and it was with the FS-A8S), you'll need to figure out how to bypass the LDO on the satellite and just run it directly off the one on the BeeCore. Make sense?

Good luck, post up a build thread if you get it going!