Whiffles commented on a Build, BQE Pixel   Apr 27, 2017  

Interesting way to pass the motor wires around the standoffs. Is there a functional purpose to that? Great looking build BTW! Have you tried 3" props on it?

BQE   Apr 27, 2017 

I do that so the motors have a little extra wire to work with when disassembling, and so if I do screw up a motor wire, I always have a second chance to recut and solder shorter. a motor with a wire that is 3mm too short is junk... so I err on the side of caution with these little ones.

It also makes it less likely to tear off the solder pad in a prop strike situation.

BQE   May 03, 2017 

oh, @Whiffles - I haven't tried 3" on mine yet, but one of my guys runs 3" on his, on 1103 10000kv, and it's really nice and fast. fits fine in most cases, you just need a clean build.

BQE   May 05, 2017 

edit on the 3" prop question: you need to use M2 hardware, and non-bent props. I was just trying to fit 3" RotorX props on a build and it wasn't looking like it was going to work with the m3 hardware I wanted to use. you could trim a half millimeter and it would work. might just be the shape of the RotorX... waiting on some DYS 3" to try too.