CesiumSalami commented on a Build, Purple Haze   Aug 23, 2017  

Came here to say: "UNBELIEVABLE! What an awesome and well built quad - it must just be insanely fast."
But read your comment and thought I'd add: I find it incredibly frustrating that RTFQ descriptions are consistently off. Neither the FC nor the ESC have current sensing (as far as I can tell). The FC has an INPUT for current sensing so if your PDB or ESC was outputting scaled current values you could display that. But as it stands, the ESC does NOT have current sensing. When you enable current sensing on something like this you're just getting gibberish. There's no scaling value you can set to get an accurate reading. I mean neither the FC nor the ESC have a shunt resistor .... which every ESC/FC these days uses for current measurement. Maybe they're doing something else, but RTFQ has an error in pretty much every single one of their listings.

Carbon_Rob   Aug 23, 2017 

Thank you, and yes it's incredible! You are absolutely right about the current sensor and RTF Quads. I came to the conclusion that the FC probably supports an external current sensor, but the ESC doesn't have one. The ESC is still working great after quite a bit of punishment, knock on wood.