captainstuhben commented on a Build, Mårten - Morphite 180   Apr 07, 2017  

I was thinking of attempting this as my first build since the price is so low and I still have to buy FPV goggles and Radio Controller as well.

Any suggestions before I attempt this? Or problems you have run into?

EDIT: I will definitely use the guides you mentioned above, but one last question I have is would you be able to mount a Go Pro, or any other camera, with this frame and build?

deduhej   Apr 22, 2017 

Hey! Sorry for being so slow, completely missed this. So, the only things I've noticed so far are that the way I've put the camera it's really easy to snap the video/power/ground cables soldered to the camera. So make sure you have enough cable so that it is relaxed. Other than that, I haven't had any issues yet. I'm planning on using it more heavily in the coming weeks though so that might change things...

As to the camera question, I haven't tried that (haven't had enough cash to by a GoPro/Mobius etc). The plan is to have a runcam2 (or possible 3) (http://www.banggood.com/RunCam-2-RunCam2-HD-1080P-120-Degree-Wide-Angle-WiFi-FPV-Camera-p-1017010.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=srm-sbgn-ds-allpages&utm_content=all). I think it's quite a lot lighter than the GoPro so it should be fine. GoPro may be so heavy that it becomes less fun to fly but maybe with a 4S battery instead of a 3S you can get around that.

Let me know if you have any trouble putting it together and I'll try to help!