BlackbirdFPV commented on a Build, Night Pyro   Apr 12, 2017  

How do you like that OSD from RMRC? I have a DODO FC and looking for a good OSD to add to my build.

sark   Apr 13, 2017 

Well... it runs the same MWOSD firmware that the MinimOSD hardware also runs, and while it is currently on sale for $55.99. This $7.99 option runs the exact same firmware. That being said, it also provides a couple 5v/12v step downs, which are basically the same as this and this. In addition it also provides clean power for your video which is what this LC Filter also does.

As you can see the exact same functionality can be accomplished at a much cheaper cost. What you are really paying for when you buy the Seriously DOGE OSD is a single package for all those functions that directly integrates with the DODO FC with no wiring. Another thing to note is that because this board is directly connected to the top/bottom of the FC it does make the overall stack quite tall.

In short, if you want a single all in one package that cleanly connects to the DODO FC, and cost isn't of concern then it's solid choice. However, if you do not fit this criteria exactly, then its a tough board to recommend.

As you mentioned having a DODO FC, this may be the right option for you. If you were still in search of an FC I would suggest looking for one that supports the Betaflight OSD. I personally prefer it, and feel it's implementation is cleaner and easier to configure. (Although, I have heard a new version of MWOSD is currently in the works, with many improvements) A couple boards I would recommend would be the Betaflight F3 board, or the Omnibus F4. Hope that helps to make your decision. Cheers!