lazd commented on a Build, 'Murican Crab   Jul 11, 2017  

Nice build! I was worried the Nano V2s BEC would be weak, they always write "1.5A" but that's the maximum current at a 0.1V drop, and we're asking for a 11.8V drop... All of my Crabs have a separate BEC, using the RTFQ 1-17V adjustable voltage regulator, it gets the job done.

As far as carrying a GoPro, I have an identical build with RG 1407 3200kV, Bullet 20A, and DAL T4045 v2, but I run 1000mAh batteries, and though it carries the GoPro just fine it's definitely not as nimble as it is without it, but it's still a joy to fly.

Walker   Jul 12, 2017 

Your treetop zooming videos definitely piqued my interest in the frame.

I agree it carries a session fine as is, but for me what is given up isn't worth the buttery video. I even went down to an 850 trying to keep the cornering and hangtime, but it wasn't a compromise I was happy with. I guess I just have too many quads capable of doing the job better. First world problems.

Running a 1300 sans GoPro I'm getting 4-5 minute flights if I'm not putting the hammer down the whole time, which is pretty joyous :)

lazd   Jul 12, 2017 

I guess we'll need to do a RunCam Split-sporting crab build soon :)

1300mAh is a bit heavier than the frame was designed for, let me know how it holds up to abuse!