Whiffles commented on a Build, First-timer's attempt at the Martian II   Jul 26, 2017  

You might want to consider using a 4-in-1 ESC with a 5v 3A regulator. That can save you the cost of a PDB and make the build considerably easier. Also, you might just want to get the VTX03 and drop the Aomway antenna. It comes with a little dipole antenna which works 95% as well as a circular polarized. You can always swap it out for an SMA antenna with a U.fl to SMA pigtail if you want to change antennas. It'll shave the antenna cost off the price. Finally, I'd just skip 3S and go directly to 4S. Those motors are great on 4S and don't feel overpowered at all. You don't want to end up with a bunch of 3S batteries that you'll never use down the road. Get some CNHL 4S packs, they're a great value.

Show 8 more comments
Whiffles   Jul 29, 2017 

It should have a connector that provides all the outputs. You can solder those wires where appropriate. You can power your camera with the 12v and power the FC/RX and VTX with the 5v by connecting it to the FC M1 rail. You don't have to bridge the 5v RAM. You could just power the VTX with the M2 5V pad.

ThatGuyIvory   Jul 29, 2017 

Thank you. Couldn't scout it out on the pictures so it got me confused. I'm also considering (although I'm intimidated by the amount of revisions) an Omnibus F4 Pro V3 due to it's video filter and SBEC which supposedly doesn't heat up as much.

Whiffles   Jul 30, 2017 

I haven't tried that one personally, but be sure to read the reviews and check with anybody else who has used it.