beo1329 commented on a Build, TBS DISCOVERY 3-axis   Apr 27, 2017  

I bought the same gimbal without seeing this thread. How did you mount it to the frame? I have it without the stock suspension on the TBS loveseat using two zip ties. Please share your way of mounting it. Thanks.

MacFly   May 07, 2017 

Great question! It wasn't very straightforward tho I'm afraid:

• Cut all power traces going to the front of frame where the core usually sits. (to avoid any short circuits after the next steps)

• Drilled the discovery plates for a new standoff mounting point (about 74mm away from the original).

• Cut away most of the bottom plate's action camera "seat" to allow maximum gimbal movement.

• Took the tiny2's stock alu mount and bent it at 90° in 4 places. (not a trivial task, bending near the tiny bolts while keeping the distance to a minimum was tricky to say the least and chances of ruining the parts are high).

• Isolating mount goes as follows: standoff -- silicone fuel tubing -- small FC dampers -- big gimbal dampers -- tiny2 alu frame. (silicone tube could probably be omitted making assembly easier). Once (finally!) together and tweaked to fit (bending alu arms), bolted into frame as one piece.

Another option I considered that doesn't involve the tiny2's alu bracket was to use http://www.goodluckbuy.com/8mm-tube-clip-fixed-rubber-anti-vibration-adapter-for-quadcopter-multicopter-landing-skid-4pcs.html and make a plate from FR4 or carbon fibre plate to join the goodluckbuy mounts to the tiny2's four little bolt holes.

Added a few pics to give a better idea of how it went together. There is little room for error, about 1mm top and bottom and right where the bends are the alu is pretty much brushing the PCB plates (4 square holes could solve this).
I'm happy with the result, it's quite neat and works beautifully.

Hope that helps!