Whiffles commented on a Build, 210 FPV Quad   Apr 26, 2017  

If it were me I'd use a 4-in-1 30A ESC with a 5v regulator and the Racerstar 2300kv motors. It'll make the build much easier and the motors are cheaper and proven. Then if you want to save a little money and weight you can use the VTX03 as your video transmitter. You won't need to buy an antenna as the dipole is perfectly fine. If you don't need radio telemetry just use the Frsky XM+. It's much smaller and cheaper. You can use the OSD for voltage and field PID configuration.

Show 1 more comment
Whiffles   Apr 26, 2017 

Check my Race Frog build for a decent 4-in-1. It can replace the Omnibus regulator and power everything at 5v. I've never experienced any issues with interference between a 4-in-1 and VTX, nor have I heard of that happening to others. Low band is basically illegal frequencies, so you don't want to use those. What's nice about the VTX03 is the U.fl connector, so you can buy a 2in U.fl to SMA pigtail and use any antenna you want. Using voltage is fine, but current is ideal. You can get the Omnibus F4 V2 with the current sensor if you think it's necessary. I've been flying with just voltage over OSD for a few months and it hasn't been a problem. You can usually tell when the voltage is getting low when it starts flashing more frequently. It's always good just to run a 3-4min timer regardless.

adamlk   Apr 26, 2017 

The 4-in-1 is more expensive, could I use these (or RS30A lite) ESC's, the Omnibus F4 V2 and swap this PDB for a cheap one?

Whiffles   Apr 26, 2017 

It's not more expensive when you subtract the cost of the PDB. You'd actually save money and about 16 solder joints.