Briefly Flying FPV commented on a Build, QAV-XS   Mar 20, 2017  

Would love to try out this frame. I've been on the look for a stretched X for while now and this just might be it... I also heard a rumor that D-Quad is releasing a stretched Obsession too, so I just might have to wait for a bit, for now only saw it in american retailers...

Have you flown the XS yet?! The build looks like a real powerhouse and looks really good!

pro XY   Mar 21, 2017 

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to fly it. I swapped the vtx with a TBS unify pro, which exploded even with a smoke stopper on, then decided to solder the pigtail to the lumenier vtx. What I didnt realize was that the unify screwed something on the pb, so im sitting here waiting for a new pb. Im almost tempted to try another unify on it, but I dont want to deal with that mess again. Hope to get it flying by next week.

Briefly Flying FPV   Mar 22, 2017 

Sad to hear that... A good idea is to check if the 5V BEC can handle the the supply current demanded by the Unify Pro, which BTW is around 600ma... Some cheaper BECs can only do 300ma-500ma, so...

pro XY   Apr 01, 2017 

Im still not sure what happened. TBS said it was the LDO regulator. wasnt ran through a BEC. I got a new pbd and unify and wired it up the same and everything is working fine, so who knows. Hopefully it stops raining so I can finally fly this thing and a couple new builds.